When I was 17...
Back in 1998 I was in love with Britney Spears. I was 17 years old. Her first video "Baby, One More Time" was getting rotation in Canada way before it was here in the States and I use to get a Canadian Music channel called Much Music.

Me and Smooth thought we might be able to meet her. We would write her emails and the such. We even found out her U.S address because she still wasn't getting any air play in the States. We wanted to send her a dozen roses for Valentines Day once. We never did.
Just as soon as her first CD came out over here I bought it. I realized the inside booklet was a pull-out poster. I put it up on my wall. After that I became obsessed. I started printing out every picture of Britney I could find to put up along with the poster. You couldn't even see the little mirror I had up anymore. I began watching Much Music all the time.
I even remember yelling at my mother for not putting me in acting and singing classes when I was a kid. I dunno, maybe I wanted to be her or something. I started becoming depressed over the fact that I would never meet her.

Then came my chance. Her first appearance on TRL was in 1998. Me and my friend Q decided to skip our last class that day and hopped the train to NYC. We went down to Time Square with posters that said "I love you Britney" and "Take us up." We were the 2 tallest mother fuckers there so we knew she would see our posters. They never let us up.
We rode the train home in silence. 3 months later I pulled all the pictures off my wall and grew up. I realize now how stupid I was and how awful Britney Spears is. But I just had to let everyone know that I had once too fallen for the horrid of popular trash music.
Yes, it even happpens to the best of us.

Me and Smooth thought we might be able to meet her. We would write her emails and the such. We even found out her U.S address because she still wasn't getting any air play in the States. We wanted to send her a dozen roses for Valentines Day once. We never did.
Just as soon as her first CD came out over here I bought it. I realized the inside booklet was a pull-out poster. I put it up on my wall. After that I became obsessed. I started printing out every picture of Britney I could find to put up along with the poster. You couldn't even see the little mirror I had up anymore. I began watching Much Music all the time.
I even remember yelling at my mother for not putting me in acting and singing classes when I was a kid. I dunno, maybe I wanted to be her or something. I started becoming depressed over the fact that I would never meet her.

Then came my chance. Her first appearance on TRL was in 1998. Me and my friend Q decided to skip our last class that day and hopped the train to NYC. We went down to Time Square with posters that said "I love you Britney" and "Take us up." We were the 2 tallest mother fuckers there so we knew she would see our posters. They never let us up.
We rode the train home in silence. 3 months later I pulled all the pictures off my wall and grew up. I realize now how stupid I was and how awful Britney Spears is. But I just had to let everyone know that I had once too fallen for the horrid of popular trash music.
Yes, it even happpens to the best of us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home