My Morning Jacket - Z
The new My Morning Jacket album "Z' is phenomenal. The buzz surrounding it has been swirling for a while now, but after listening to their previous album I wasn't convinced. But "Z" is something else. My Morning Jacket has been called in as the American Radiohead, though I don't find many similar attributes in the two bands. "Z" definitely has some southern feeling, a lot of classic rock flavor (which I normally don't like), and songs that sound like they were made by the Beach Boys. But I think it's the way the guitars are used and distorted. It's the way the vocals are somewhat distant that add to the mystique of this album. There are mainly high points, but their is sadness in there too. It's got a lot of everything. But it is mindblowing and for sure one of the best albums of the year. Listen to "Dondante" which is purely amazing. I haven't been able to stop listening to it.

1 Comments:
i saw My Morning Jacket in october, i got front center, it was fucking awesome!
and before the show my brother and i were walking around outside and they were out just chilling before the show so we got to talk to them for a while, it was great
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home